-Boo leaves (black-eyed Beans)
– Black Pepper (Optional)
– Otingo (Egyptian Spinach) – you can add spring onion instead
-2 Fresh Tomatoes Finely Chopped
– Peanut & Sesame paste (roasted)
- Wash leaves thorough and drain excess water
- Chop leaves into small pieces
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add Otingo, bring it to boil then add boo leaves
- Stir well and cover, checking and stirring
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt and stir well, cover and reduce the heat and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small pot, take a cup full of the cooked vegetables and add peanut/sesame paste and mix thoroughly until paste and vegetables has blended together.
- Add the rest of the cooked vegetables and keep stirring on low heat.
- Dek Boo is ready to be served with sweet potatoes, cassava or anything else of your choice.
By Monique Wyatt